Brian

Default Quick Jump to end of list...

I have a worksheet with approx. 37000 account numbers.

I need to format another sheet to pull these numbers into a text format, no
problem.

My question: When I want to copy a formula into all 37000 rows, what is a
quick way to select row 1 thru 37000 and paste the formula without scrolling
for 10 minutes?

P.S. I don't want to select the entire column.

Frank Kabel

Hi
double click on the lower right corner of your formula cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Brian wrote:
I have a worksheet with approx. 37000 account numbers.

I need to format another sheet to pull these numbers into a text
format, no problem.

My question: When I want to copy a formula into all 37000 rows, what
is a quick way to select row 1 thru 37000 and paste the formula
without scrolling for 10 minutes?

P.S. I don't want to select the entire column.

Jason Morin

1. Copy the cell w/the formula.
2. Click on the destination worksheet.
3. Click in the namebox in the upper left and type
A1:A37000.
4. Paste.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a worksheet with approx. 37000 account numbers.

I need to format another sheet to pull these numbers

into a text format, no
problem.

My question: When I want to copy a formula into all

37000 rows, what is a
quick way to select row 1 thru 37000 and paste the

formula without scrolling
for 10 minutes?

P.S. I don't want to select the entire column.

.

Brian

Frank, thanks for the reply.

But, I double click when the black cross appears in the lower right of the
cell that I have written my formula in and nothing happens.

Brian wrote:
I have a worksheet with approx. 37000 account numbers.

I need to format another sheet to pull these numbers into a text
format, no problem.

My question: When I want to copy a formula into all 37000 rows, what
is a quick way to select row 1 thru 37000 and paste the formula
without scrolling for 10 minutes?

P.S. I don't want to select the entire column.

Gord Dibben

Brian

Frank's double-click works only if there is an adjacent column with data down
to row 37000.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP