Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Frans van Santbrink

Default How do I scan a spreadsheet into Excel with Scanjet 4850

The Scanjet 4850 has an IRIS OCR which does not recognizes Excel. Can I use
another scan programme with the HP Scanjet 4850 or is there a way to bypass
this problem
Thanks in advance for any assistance
Frans van Santbrink,
Saint Lucia - caribbean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Scan to a TXT file and import that into Excel.
Use Data |Text to Columns as needed
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Frans van Santbrink" <Frans van wrote
in message ...
The Scanjet 4850 has an IRIS OCR which does not recognizes Excel. Can I
use
another scan programme with the HP Scanjet 4850 or is there a way to
bypass
this problem
Thanks in advance for any assistance
Frans van Santbrink,
Saint Lucia - caribbean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

Hi Frans,
You can probably save as a CSV file (comma separated values), or as
spreadsheet which would probably be CSV it a specific application is not
mentioned from the OCR program..

You might want to try a few times getting the paper exactly vertical
and then fix the best one