Ernie Sersen

Default Removing commas

I have a column of data where some data elements have an unwanted comma at
the end (i.e. period,comma,) and some do not (i.e. period,comma). I would
like to be able to remove the unwanted comma's at the end (and keep the ones
within the data element). Please help.

Thanks

Ernie
Dave R.

Here's one of many ways;

=IF(RIGHT(A1,1)=",",LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1),A1)

put this in the next column (like b1) then copy down, then copypaste
specialvalues to get rid of the formula but keep the results.