Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barbara

Default Dates

I need to calculate the (for example) first Wednesday of every month, given
the date April 5, 2006 is entered in a cell. How do I calculate the new
date, the first Wednesday in May (May 3, 2006)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier

This will work. Currently outputs the first Wednesday of the month of the
date entered in cell A1.

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1+MOD(4-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)),7))

Dave

"Barbara" wrote:

I need to calculate the (for example) first Wednesday of every month, given
the date April 5, 2006 is entered in a cell. How do I calculate the new
date, the first Wednesday in May (May 3, 2006)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

If you have April 5, 2006 in A1 then in A2 copied down use this formula

=A1+35-(DAY(A1+28)<9)*7

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486