S.C

Default Worksheet cell help

I have a worksheet that will hold dates of completion of projects.
I want to put dates in cells adjacent to a persons name, name in B4, C4L4
will have dates put in them. I want M4 to show the last date entered. If C4,
D4,E4 and F4 have dates M4 will show F4 date. or if C4, D4,E4,F4,G4,H4,I4
have dates M4 will show I4 date

Is there a formula that can do this? I have tried a couple of ways and
cannot get it to show the right date.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Jason Morin

One way:

=INDEX(C4:L4,COUNT(C4:L4))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a worksheet that will hold dates of completion of

projects.
I want to put dates in cells adjacent to a persons name,

name in B4, C4L4
will have dates put in them. I want M4 to show the last

date entered. If C4,
D4,E4 and F4 have dates M4 will show F4 date. or if C4,

D4,E4,F4,G4,H4,I4
have dates M4 will show I4 date

Is there a formula that can do this? I have tried a

couple of ways and
cannot get it to show the right date.

Thanks for your help

Steve

.

Annie

Hi Steve,
A combination formula using OFFSET will work for you. Using the data you
provided in this posting, the formula in cell M4 will be:

=OFFSET(D4,0,MATCH(MAX(D4:L42)+1,D4:L4,1)-1)

Format M4 to be a date format, and you should be all set.

Annie

"S.C" wrote:

I have a worksheet that will hold dates of completion of projects.
I want to put dates in cells adjacent to a persons name, name in B4, C4L4
will have dates put in them. I want M4 to show the last date entered. If C4,
D4,E4 and F4 have dates M4 will show F4 date. or if C4, D4,E4,F4,G4,H4,I4
have dates M4 will show I4 date

Is there a formula that can do this? I have tried a couple of ways and
cannot get it to show the right date.

Thanks for your help

Steve

Jack Sheet

Not an elegant solution, but it seems to work:

Custom Number format C4:L4 so that zero's are suppressed, ie
mm/dd/yyyy;;

Then prefill C4:L4 with zeros, to be superseded with dates as and when
appropriate.

Then in M4:
=OFFSET(B4,0,MATCH(HLOOKUP(0,C4:L4,1,0),C4:L4,0)-1)