Henry Bolton

Default Weekly data allocated to months

Hi
If anyone can help me solve this I would be very grateful.

I have weekly data for a year, ie 52 data points, one for week 1 one for
week 2 etc.

I need to convert this data into monthly data.

So I am hopeing that Excel can somehow allocate each week to the correct
month and for weeks that span 2 months, to pro rata it over the two.

For example week 5 will fall in to Jan and Feb and if the 1st Feb falls on
the Tuesday then I want it to allocate Sun and Mon to Jan and Tue, Wed, Thur,
Fri, Sat to Feb.

Thanks in advance for any help in how to do this.

Hi a question up front: How are your weeknumbers defined (ISO definition,

Excel definition, etc.)

Sorry not sure what ISO and Excel defs are, but i have defined them as week 1

is the first week of the year, week 2 is the second etc.

Frank Kabel

Hi Henr
yyou may first answer the question about your weeknumber definition. There's
not only a SINGLE one but many (depending on your region/country).

"Henry Bolton" wrote:

[...]

Henry Bolton

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain more precisely what you need
to know... For now I will just reiterate that I have numbered the first week
of the year simply "1" and the last week simply "52". I hope this helps.

rgds
Henry