Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DannyDont

Default Excel 'Special' Character

I am attempting to combine three columns into one. This is not a problem.
However, I would like to combine the info into two 'lines' in the result
field. On the keyboard I would use 'Alt' + 'Enter'. Is there a 'special'
code for this 'Alt' + 'Enter' that I can include in a formula?

Result Column1 Column2 Column3
Foltz Foltz Dan Sue
Dan & Sue
Result is only 1 cell.

I can handle the remainder of the formula but need to 'hard' code for the
'Alt' + 'Shift'. LLike in Word, you can do a find for a paragraph marker by
using '^p' or a tab using '^t'.

Thanks for any help you might provide.
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Try =A1&CHAR(10)&B1
You will need to use: Format | Cell - alignment -wrap text
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme