Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
I'm Still Here

Default Sumproduct as Countif multiple criteira

I can't quite get this formula to work. I need several. My employees's pay
are based on the number of transactions closed by that employee in a calendar
month. We pay bi-weekly. Funding checks for February transactions were still
coming in last week (middle of March). I've more or less got it broker down
into doable parts. I am open to suggesstions on any part, but here's what I
specifically need: Accounting will enter check information into a "Master"
worksheet which will have a running total going back 4 to 6 months or so.
Accounting will enter the checks daily as they come in the mail. We pay
biweekly on Thursdays, checks must be in house by the Friday before to be
paid the following week. I've already created a timestamp that rounds up the
the next pay date taking into account the next deadline. I need one formula
that counts the number of transactions per employee per month for the first
pay date of the month, second, paydate of the month...(as more transactions
close, their commision split increases retroactively to the first transaction
of that month). Also need one that will sum the total profit on each of these
with the same conditions. Here's my example:
Column A = Employee name. Column B = Client name. Column C = Month
transaction took place. Column D = Next pay date (auto calculates already),
Column E = Profit for this Transaction (direct entry from check) Column F =
The number of transactions for this employees completed for the same month as
this check, to date as of the next pay date (Help here please), Column G =
The total profit for all of those checks that were counted in Column E.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Speaking for myself, I'd appreciate a little more concise explanation of
things, especially this statement:

I need one formula that counts the number of transactions per employee per
month for the first pay date of the month, second, paydate of the month...(as
more transactions close, their commision split increases retroactively to the
first transaction
of that month).

That makes little or no sense to me.

"I'm Still Here" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
I''m Still Here

Yeah, sorry about that. It's complicated to me too. One cell calculates the
number of transaction Employee1 has completed in the month of _____ as of the
current paydate. The other sum the total profit from these transactions.

I figured it out. I was using SUMPROCT with "--"'s in it but it wasn't
working because I had MONTH(range),MONTH(this transaction) for on e of the
criteria. I solved it with a helper column = MONTH(previous
column)*10000+YEAR(previous column) and reference the helper column instead.
Works perfectly.

I'm sure I will have more question. I appreiciate your time.

Regards,