-   -   Updating a named range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/77785-updating-named-range.html)

joala

Updating a named range

How can I automatically have a named range populate? Example: In column 1,
I have a list of 6 employees named "employees". I added another employee.
How can I get my named range "employees" to include the new employee.

Updating a named range

Hi

Go to Insert/Name/Define and you can change it there. An alternative is to
use a dynamic range - so your range will expand on its own. See he
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic
for more info.

Andy.

"joala" wrote in message
How can I automatically have a named range populate? Example: In column
1,
I have a list of 6 employees named "employees". I added another employee.
How can I get my named range "employees" to include the new employee.

joala

Updating a named range

I tried the dynamic range which is what I was looking for. Works great.
Thanks a bunch...