Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JoJo

Default how can I find out a total as a percentage using absolute cell

I need to use a formula/function to calculate the total for an employee as a
percentage of the grand total using absolute cell reference can you please
tell me what to do. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith

Sounds like a homework problem to me. The formula for percentage of total is:

=a1/$a$25

where a1 is the, in your example, total for an employee, and a25 is the grand
total. Format this cell as a percent.

The $ makes the reference absolute -- meaning it will not change when you copy
the formula. This allows you to copy down the formula, and it will work for all
other employee totals.

Fred