Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Soth

Default Need help with writing a formula

Hi, I'd like some help in writing a formula in column C. The objective is
to lookup or to match the city on column D and E, if it matches, enter the
rate.

Thank you for your help
Soth

Glovia TAX City Tax
A B C D

AGOURA HILLS 8.250 =Formula Acampo 7.75%
ALAMEDA 8.750 =Formula Acton 8.25%
ANAHEIM 7.750 Adelaida 7.25%
BERKELEY 8.750 Adelanto 7.75%
BREA 7.750 Adin 7.25%
BRISBANE 8.250 Agoura Hills 8.25%
BURBANK 8.250 Agua Caliente 7.75%
BURLINGAME 8.250 Agua Caliente 7.75%
BYRON 8.250 Agua Dulce 8.25%
CALABASAS 8.250 Aguanga 7.75%
CA-LATHROP 7.750 Ahwahnee 7.25%
CAMARILLO 7.250 Al Tahoe 7.25%
CAMPBELL 8.250 Alameda 8.75%

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Try followiong formula in column C
=VLOOKUP(A1,D1:E13,2,0)

Adjust search range lenth tou your needs (D1:E13)

HTH
--
AP