Brian

Default Combined IF statement...

Here is my situation:

I have a list of three prices in column B (rows 1,2,3), I will be placing a
number (quantity) in column A (in row 1,2,OR 3)corresponding to the price i
want to select.

In column C, the three rows are merged to give one price based on A*B.

How can I use an IF_THEN statement to accomplish this? Or is there a better
way?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

I'm sorry for that, I'll try to clarify.

In column A there will only be a number in ONE of the rows.
So I want to:
multiple B1*A1 if there is a number in A1 and give result in C1
OR
multiple B2*A2 if there is a number in A2 and give result in C1
OR
multiple B3*A3 if there is a number in A3 and give result in C1

Hope this helps.

"Brian" wrote in message
Here is my situation:

I have a list of three prices in column B (rows 1,2,3), I will be placing

number (quantity) in column A (in row 1,2,OR 3)corresponding to the price

want to select.

In column C, the three rows are merged to give one price based on A*B.

How can I use an IF_THEN statement to accomplish this? Or is there a

better
way?

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Thanks JE, that will work.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

one way:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A3,B1:B3)

In article ,
"Brian" wrote:

Here is my situation:

I have a list of three prices in column B (rows 1,2,3), I will be placing a
number (quantity) in column A (in row 1,2,OR 3)corresponding to the price i
want to select.

In column C, the three rows are merged to give one price based on A*B.

How can I use an IF_THEN statement to accomplish this? Or is there a better
way?

Thanks in advance.

Frank Kabel

Hi
=SUM(A1:A3)*SUM(B1:B3)
if there really can be only ONE number per column

--
Regards
Frank Kabel