Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Draco

Default IF f1G1;Win;loss

Hi, maybe it has been asked before, in that case sorry. I tried to find
it but I don't know the English term for what I am looking for.

I'm making a sheet in which I put results of matches. I want Excel to
put in a different cell (where I want to put the formula) if the result
is a "Draw", a "win" or a "loss"

So I made this one =IF(F4=G4;"DRAW";IF(F4G4;"WIN";"LOSS"))

The funtion works, but not as it should! Can anybody help me with
this?

So if cell f4 = g4 it should print DRAW
if cell f4 g4 it should print WIN
if cell f4 < g4 it should print LOSS

I get LOSSES and DRAW's but no WINS!

--
Draco
Draco's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32426

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Looks fine, what do you have in F4 and G4?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Draco" wrote in
message ...

Hi, maybe it has been asked before, in that case sorry. I tried to find
it but I don't know the English term for what I am looking for.

I'm making a sheet in which I put results of matches. I want Excel to
put in a different cell (where I want to put the formula) if the result
is a "Draw", a "win" or a "loss"

So I made this one =IF(F4=G4;"DRAW";IF(F4G4;"WIN";"LOSS"))

The funtion works, but not as it should! Can anybody help me with
this?

So if cell f4 = g4 it should print DRAW
if cell f4 g4 it should print WIN
if cell f4 < g4 it should print LOSS

I get LOSSES and DRAW's but no WINS!

--
Draco
Draco's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=521928

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Draco

I have numbers in there. Example F4 = 4 and G4 = 2

This would result in the function I put in Cell E4 to be WIN, but I get
LOSS!

And I always get DRAW when cell F4 is filled with 0!