kalz

Default add restriction in Excel

Dear All,

I'd like to email my customer a Excel worksheet, however, do not want them
to change any cells (values and formats) from column A to D, only E and
onwards permitted. Also, if I have hidden some rows or column, I do not want
the person to view my hidden parts too.How can I created this effect? I
already tried Protect Worksheet and workbook, doesn't seem to be working.

Thankyou!
kalz

Vikrant Vaidya

I think the problem you have with Protect worksheet option is you can not
modify any of the cells after protecting the sheet. This is because all the
cells are Locked by default.
Before doing protect worksheets select the cells you want to give the user
access to and go to formatcellsprotection and uncheck Locked. No when you
protect the sheet these cells can be modified.

Vikrant

"kalz" wrote:

Dear All,

I'd like to email my customer a Excel worksheet, however, do not want them
to change any cells (values and formats) from column A to D, only E and
onwards permitted. Also, if I have hidden some rows or column, I do not want
the person to view my hidden parts too.How can I created this effect? I
already tried Protect Worksheet and workbook, doesn't seem to be working.

Thankyou!
kalz

Harald Staff

Hi Kalz

Vikrant covered the protection part. This just to warn you: DO NOT include
anything in the file that the recipient shouldn't see. It is very easy to
get to that information, even by accident, no password cracker involved.
Don't hide those rows or columns, delete them.

Just to demonstrate, try this in a new file:
A1: You're the
B1: stupidest
C1: man

Hide B column. Protect the worksheet. You should see the flattering "You're
the man" and be unable to unhide B.

Now select A1:C1 with the mouse. Copy. Go to another sheet. Paste.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kalz" skrev i melding