Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Di

Default Still need help for merging and sorting

I'm trying to do a worksheet for a passenger list of an upcoming
cruise.
Some of the passengers traveling together have different last names and

addresses. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep those cells
together when I need to sort alpabetically or by cabin category. I've
tried merging, but of course then I can't sort. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try something like this:
Create a new field in your table for FamilyGroup

Assign everyone to their respective group.
Then you can sort 1st by FamilyGroup, then by other fields.

While properly structured databases would easily handle this, prudent use of
Excel can also work.

Possible naming options:
-Sequentially number each group you create (101, 102, etc)
-Use the Last Name First Initial of the person who booked the cruise
(SmithP, AndersonG, etc)
-etc

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Di" wrote:

I'm trying to do a worksheet for a passenger list of an upcoming
cruise.
Some of the passengers traveling together have different last names and

addresses. I'm trying to figure out how I can keep those cells
together when I need to sort alpabetically or by cabin category. I've
tried merging, but of course then I can't sort. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Di

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try. I believe this could
be done in Access, but I don't have it, so will have to make due with
what I have.

Thanks alot
Diane