Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
edbarunning

Default Selectig a cell based on and <

For each runner I need o plac ethem into a group based on thier time in a
mile. For instance a runner with a time of 5:23 would be placed in group 1,
all runners who ran 5:00 and < 5:30.

I have 30 groups and a few hundred runers to deal with. Ideally what I want
to do is select their name, type in their time and have the group indentifier
appear in an adjacent cell.

Thanks
--
EDba
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Build a lookup Table listing floor value for each group and group # in
D1:E30 (for example)
Assuming runners' performance (5'23") is in B1, enter the following formula
in C1:
=VLOOKUP(B1,$D$1:$E$30;2;1)

See example: http://cjoint.com/?dloK18mcrc

HTH
--
AP

"edbarunning" a écrit dans le
message de ...
For each runner I need o plac ethem into a group based on thier time in a
mile. For instance a runner with a time of 5:23 would be placed in group

1,
all runners who ran 5:00 and < 5:30.

I have 30 groups and a few hundred runers to deal with. Ideally what I

want
to do is select their name, type in their time and have the group

indentifier
appear in an adjacent cell.

Thanks
--
EDba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
edbarunning

Thank you. Your answer was clear and concise. Works great.
--
EDba

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Build a lookup Table listing floor value for each group and group # in
D1:E30 (for example)
Assuming runners' performance (5'23") is in B1, enter the following formula
in C1:
=VLOOKUP(B1,$D$1:$E$30;2;1)

See example: http://cjoint.com/?dloK18mcrc

HTH
--
AP

"edbarunning" a écrit dans le
message de ...
For each runner I need o plac ethem into a group based on thier time in a
mile. For instance a runner with a time of 5:23 would be placed in group

1,
all runners who ran 5:00 and < 5:30.

I have 30 groups and a few hundred runers to deal with. Ideally what I

want
to do is select their name, type in their time and have the group

indentifier
appear in an adjacent cell.

Thanks
--
EDba

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Thanks for the feedback

--
AP

message de ...

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Build a lookup Table listing floor value for each group and group # in
D1:E30 (for example)
Assuming runners' performance (5'23") is in B1, enter the following

formula
in C1:
=VLOOKUP(B1,$D$1:$E$30;2;1)

See example: http://cjoint.com/?dloK18mcrc