Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DallasLDY

Default Summing rows based on column headings

Yes, we are antiquated and using basic Excel ss to do our job costing. I'm
hoping there is a function of which I am not aware which will help me out.
Excel

We have columns for the months, Jan-Dec, and rows for the types of cost.
Values are either actuals or forecasts, based on the month (column heading).
I want to be able to open the ss in March, and the function realizes Jan &
Feb 2006 are prior to March, so it sums the Jan & Feb rows on the left, those
being my actuals. I then just total all the rest and subtract the actuals to
get my remaining forecast.

Please let me know if you know of a way to do this.

Leslie