Still Learning

Default Creating a stationary column

All of my business billing uses Excel. As a spreadsheet grows, I can no
longer see the corresponding names in the first column. I receive my data on
an uploaded Excel file where the creator has made the first column
stationary. Meaning, as I move to work in columns to the right the names
remain in place in the first column.
How do I make the first (or any other) column stay in place (visible) on
Excel files/sheets I create?
--
Thanks for your help!
Frank Kabel

Hi
- move the cursor to the row BELOW your heading / right to the column
- goto 'Windows - Freeze Panes'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Still Learning" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
All of my business billing uses Excel. As a spreadsheet grows, I can

no
longer see the corresponding names in the first column. I receive my

data on
an uploaded Excel file where the creator has made the first column
stationary. Meaning, as I move to work in columns to the right the

names
remain in place in the first column.
How do I make the first (or any other) column stay in place (visible)

on
Excel files/sheets I create?
--
Thanks for your help!

Still Learning

I thought it must be that simple, but I didn't know the term to look up was
"Freeze."
Thanks so much for solving this previously frustrating problem.
Diane in
California