Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jennifer

Default Second highest minimum in a group

I have found the minimum in a group of numbers, but I need to set up a
function that will allow me to find the second highest minimum, and the third
highest minimum, and so on. I can't figure out how to this without it
returning the same number over and over again. Does anyone know if there is
a way to ask for a second highest minimun in a group of cells??

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

I think you need to be using the SMALL function.

Example:

A1: =SMALL(B1:B10,2)
That formula returns the second-smallest value in the range B1:B10.

A1: =SMALL(B1:B10,5)
Returns the 5th-smallest, etc

Does that help?

Regards,