Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
farmkid21

Default Problem adding a worksheet

I'm having an issue adding a worksheet to a workbook. I created a new
risk analysis worksheet that referenced a number of cells on other
worksheets with my template. When I copy the nex worksheet out of the
template to an existing workbook, I'm not getting the cells referenced
correctly.

For instance, I have the customers name in cell B3 on the "Financial
Statement" tab. When I built the new worksheet in the
template(LoanAppTemplate), I referenced +'Financial Statement'!B3 to
move the customer's name to my new sheet. However, when I copy the new
sheet from the template and paste it in an existing workbook, I get the
following in the cell

=+'[LoanAppTemplate.xlt]Financial Statement'!B3

How to I copy and paste the new worksheet so that it will reference the
existing information and not reference my LoanAppTemplate? I can make
the cell work by deleting [LoanAppTemplate.xlt] from the equation, but
I don't want to have to do that all the time.

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks

--
farmkid21
farmkid21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32170

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Ogilvy

Change the formula to

=Indirect("Financial Statement'!B3")

or after copying, go to Edit=Links and change the link to point at the new
workbook rather than the old.

Tom Ogilvy

"farmkid21" wrote
in message ...