benny

Default multiple entries

I have multiple worksheets detailing projects from 2002, 2003 and 2004. Some
projects have multiple entries for each year. I need a way to create a
summary for each project on how many $ were added each year. Is there some
way for a function to pull multiple entries for each project and subtract
from the subsequent year to show how many $ were added each year? Also, each
worksheet has the project numbers in different order and adds new ones every
year. I need a function that can identify and sum all the rows with the same
project number as well as subtract from the next year. I know this is
confusing. I'd appreciate any help someone has to offer.
JulieD

Hi benny

depending on your workbook structure i would look into either data /
consolidation or data / pivot table and pivot chart reports - using multiple
consolidation ranges.

if you want to check these out and see how you go - do feel free to post
back with any specific questions.

if neither of these seem to do what you want, could you post back giving us
an idea of how each worksheet is set up - are the project names in column A
and the dollars in column B or what? is each year on a separate worksheet or
do you have more than one worksheet for each year etc, etc ..
also not sure why you need to subtract ... do the dollar values for each
year, carry forward the dollar values from the previous year?

Cheers
JulieD

"benny" wrote in message
I have multiple worksheets detailing projects from 2002, 2003 and 2004.
Some
projects have multiple entries for each year. I need a way to create a
summary for each project on how many $ were added each year. Is there
some
way for a function to pull multiple entries for each project and subtract
from the subsequent year to show how many $ were added each year? Also,
each
worksheet has the project numbers in different order and adds new ones
every
year. I need a function that can identify and sum all the rows with the
same
project number as well as subtract from the next year. I know this is
confusing. I'd appreciate any help someone has to offer.

benny

Thanks JulieD

I'll try the pivot table thing first. The project number is in Column A and
the dollars are in Column D. The dollars carry forward every year showing
how much funding has been received over the whole project period. Each year
is a separate worksheet.

Thanks,

benny