Mark

Default Stop % in red

Does anyone know how to stop percentages changing to red when negative?

Peo Sjoblom

Use a format like 0.00%

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mark" wrote:

Does anyone know how to stop percentages changing to red when negative?

David McRitchie

Hi Mark,

If you look at the format under Format, cells, custom
it should be apparent where the Red comes from.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

---
HTH,

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message ...
Use a format like 0.00%

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mark" wrote:

Does anyone know how to stop percentages changing to red when negative?

Mark

Its weird - I can see exactly how it should work and if I use the custom
format

[Black]0%;[Black]-0%;[Black]0%

in different worksheet it works fine. But even if I copy and paste-special
this format to my existing worksheet it still refuses to change from red
when the % is negative.

I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

Harlan Grove

"Mark" wrote...
Its weird - I can see exactly how it should work and if I use the custom
format

[Black]0%;[Black]-0%;[Black]0%

in different worksheet it works fine. But even if I copy and paste-special
this format to my existing worksheet it still refuses to change from red
when the % is negative.

I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?

What's the number format of the cell that's displaying the negative
percentage in red? What the cell's font color? Has one of your friendly
colleagues changed the 'black' color to red in Tools Options Color?

JulieD

Hi Mark

also check that some bright spark hasn't put conditional formatting on the
cell - format / conditional formatting

Cheers
JulieD