Frankieg

Default Sorting a Xcel column

I have a a column of information that includes the following:
C110904-2.25-O110504

I need to sort on only the [C110904]. The [C] indicates CLOSED and will
always be there plus the 110904 is a date and it also is always in that
format. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!
Frank Kabel

Hi
you may use a helper column with the formula:
=LEFT(A1,7)

or if you want to sort with the date ascending/descending, then use the
following two formulas:
=LEFT(A1,1)
and
=DATE("20"&MID(A1,6,2),MID(A1,2,2),MID(a1,4,2))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel