Patti

Default Editing MS Query

I have an existing query for which I'd like to edit the criteria. When I
click on edit query, I get an empty box (it's the Query box but the tables
and criteria aren't there). I've checked the edit options and the "disable
ability to edit query results" is not checked. I can see the query in SQL if
I check View SQL, so I can work around this, but I want to know why I can't
see the tables and the criteria in the usual mode. I haven't had this happen
before!
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

The query is too complex or it's syntax isn't conventional for ODBC query
wizard. Some examples:
"Select ... Order By 1, 3" instead of "Select ... Order By tablename.field1,
tablename.field3"
"Select a.field1, b.field2, ... From tablename1 a, tablename2 b ..." instead
of "Select tablename1.field1, tablename2.field2, ... From tablename1
tablename1, tablename2 tablename2 ..."
etc.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)

"Patti" wrote in message
I have an existing query for which I'd like to edit the criteria. When I
click on edit query, I get an empty box (it's the Query box but the tables
and criteria aren't there). I've checked the edit options and the

"disable
ability to edit query results" is not checked. I can see the query in SQL

if
I check View SQL, so I can work around this, but I want to know why I

can't
see the tables and the criteria in the usual mode. I haven't had this

happen
before!

Patti

Ah! I am using a query with linked tables so I guess that's the problem.
Will changing the syntax in SQL allow the query to be displayed or will I
just have to work in SQL whenever I have a linked table query? I'm visual --
I prefer being able to see my query!