Bob H

Default Excel SUM problems

I want to have a rolling count of numerical data with the SUM formula
inserted in many cells. For example I have 2 rows with data in them
(whole numbers) I have row 102 with actual recorded data in, which is
entered on a regular basis. Row 103 is there to give me a running total
of that data entered in row 102.
So if say 83 is entered in column B row 102, then Column B row 103 will
have 83 in , but then if column C row 102 has 41 entered, then column C
row 103 should give me the total = 124, but it gives #VALUE!
To simplify

Cols B C D E etc
Rows
102 83 41 53 50 <<< Actual data inputted
103 83 124 177 227 <<< Rolling count or SUM of data inputted

All at once my formula has gone up the spout and only gives: #VALUE! in
row 103

help please
Thanks
--
Bob H
Leeds UK
Dave R.

THe formula in B103 would be

=SUM($B102:B102)

then copied to the right to get the running total. Not sure what you're
using now that would be giving you a VALUE message unless that message is
also in one of those cells or you're not using SUM.

"Bob H" wrote in message
[...]

Bob H

Thanks. What I have been using is =SUM(B103+C102), or at least that is
what is there/showing now. Something, I don't know what has screwed up
*all* my formulae for this calculation, which goes back for 5 years
worth of data.

Thanks again