Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Support

Default Lookup from Static List/Array

Hi,
New to this so please be patient.

I am extracting data from an ODBC source into a worksheet. The number of
rows will vary according to certain criteria. However one of the columns
will return a numeric value, which I would like to show some text for
according to its value. This list is static and on my 2nd sheet.
i.e.
1st sheet

Columns:
Ref Date No of Units Status Text
Data: Ref1 01/02/2006 23 0 Good
Ref2 01/03/2006 22 2 Bad
Ref2 01/03/2006 22 1 Ugly
etc

2nd sheet

Column:
Status Text
Data: 0 Good
1 Bad
2 Ugly

This works for the 1st row, but if I drag/copy my formula then subsequent
rows don't

Any help would be great,

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav

You have not given us any formula, perhaps you could restate your
problem, it is not clear what you exactly want

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

=VLOOKUP(D2, Sheet2!A:B, 2, 0) or (and it have had to do with $$ in
the cell references)

=VLOOKUP(D2, Sheet2!$A$2:$B$4, 2, 0)

Assuming Status is in column D:D.

HTH