Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cyrus

Default continuing formula when cells are empty

I am creating worksheet for use where I want to carry on the forumla down the
worksheet, even though cells are empty.

My formula is =(B6-B5)/ABS(B5)

I get the error message "#DIV/0!"

I have tried the following and the cells still inputs error value. I want
the error value not to display. I want the cell to remain blank.

=IF(ISERROR(B7-B6)/ABS(B6),"",(B7-B6)/ABS(B6))
and
=IF((B8-B7)/ABS(B7)=0,"")

Please help. I'm looking for this function for several other worksheets as
well. Is there an option or conditional format I can use to eliminate the
error values from being displayed?

Thank you!

Cyrus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Cyrus,

You are missing some parenthesis from your first formula to incorporate
the ISERROR function.

=IF(ISERROR((B7-B6)/ABS(B6)),"",(B7-B6)/ABS(B6))

Cheers,

Steve

--
SteveG