andrea

Default filter

HI,

I just applied a filter to my records. How do I find out how many records I
now have? In other words, how do I find out how many records matched the
criteria? This number did appear at first at the bottom left of my
worksheet, but it's no longer there.
Jason Morin

Check out the SUBTOTAL worksheet function in Help.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Debra Dalgleish

If your list has many formulas, the Status Bar might show "Filter Mode"
instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal
function to count the visible rows.

The Status Bar may also show 'Filter Mode' if a cell in the list is
changed, after a filter has been applied.

The following MSKB article has information:

XL2000: Excel AutoFilter Status Bar Message Shows "Filter Mode"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List