Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kuansheng

Default Modulas

Hi Guys,

Is there any formula that can determine the modula value of a division
perform between two cell. Let say A1 contain 10 and is divided by B2
which contain 3. I would get 3.33333333, what i need is the modula of
the division which is only 3 less the decimal. Anyone can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

One way, try: =TRUNC(A1/B2)
--
Max
Singapore
"kuansheng" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Guys,

Is there any formula that can determine the modula value of a division
perform between two cell. Let say A1 contain 10 and is divided by B2
which contain 3. I would get 3.33333333, what i need is the modula of
the division which is only 3 less the decimal. Anyone can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

If you want expressed as an integer
=MOD(A1, B2)

If you want expressed as a decimal
=MOD(A1, B2)/B2

"kuansheng" wrote:

Hi Guys,

Is there any formula that can determine the modula value of a division
perform between two cell. Let say A1 contain 10 and is divided by B2
which contain 3. I would get 3.33333333, what i need is the modula of
the division which is only 3 less the decimal. Anyone can help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kuansheng

Thanks Max that is what i am looking for.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"kuansheng" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Max that is what i am looking for.