STEM726

Default Excel Formulas

I have a worksheet that has an alphabetical guest seat list with
corresponding table numbers. The goal is to pull the names from this
alphabetical list onto a different worksheet that breaks down the guests by
table number. I am having trouble with the IF formula (pending I am even
doing this correctly). If a false statement is returned, I need the formula
to search through the alphabetical list for the first true statement.
Jason Morin

How about a pivot table?

1. Select the 2 columns of data.
2. Go to Data PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard
3. Click Next twice.
4. Click the Layout button.
5. Drag the "Table No." field to the ROW area. Then drag
the "Guest" field directly below it. Drag the "Guest"
field once more to the DATA area.
6. Press OK and then Finish.

For more examples on working with pivot tables, see:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/create.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a worksheet that has an alphabetical guest seat

list with
corresponding table numbers. The goal is to pull the

names from this
alphabetical list onto a different worksheet that breaks

down the guests by
table number. I am having trouble with the IF formula

(pending I am even
doing this correctly). If a false statement is returned,

I need the formula
to search through the alphabetical list for the first

true statement.
.

STEM726

The Pivot table is exactly what I'm looking for. However, is it possible to
have a pivot table that is created as the data is entered. For example, when
the guest list is filled out, the data is automatically transferred into the
table breakdown?

Thanks.