Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
erc_blair

Default rounding numbers for match function

I should add that I am using the "MROUND" function to round z* to multiples
of 0.2. All is fine for 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, and 1, but NOT for 0.6 and 1.2 (?!?)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jerry W. Lewis

It is not clear exactly what calculation is failing, but 0.2 (along with most
floating ponit numbers) has no exact binary representation, hence
MROUND(x,.2) may produce unexpected results. This is a natural consequence
of the way computers represent numbers, and is not unique to Excel.

Jerry