Mike@Q

Default SUMIF multiple criteria in 1 range

Hi

I am having trouble summing a range of cells that meet multiple criteria.

I have 3 resources clin040, clin060 and clinmix. These resource codes appear
in column K. Column K also contains many other resource codes. I need to sum
all the cells in column AL that have either clin040, clin60 or clinmix in
column K.

I also need to do this over a number of sheets - clin1, clin2 clin3 etc to
clinEND, and have a total of all cells with those resources across all the
sheets.

Please help!
JE McGimpsey

One way:

On each sheet in an out-of-the-way cell, say, BZ1, array-enter
(CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER, or CMD-RETURN):

=SUM(SUMIF(K:K,{"clin040","clin060","clinmix"},AL: AL))

Then on your summary sheet, enter:

=SUM(clin1:clinEND!BZ1)

where clin1 is the left-most sheet and clinEND is the right-most sheet.

In article ,
Mike@Q wrote:

Hi

I am having trouble summing a range of cells that meet multiple criteria.

I have 3 resources clin040, clin060 and clinmix. These resource codes appear
in column K. Column K also contains many other resource codes. I need to sum
all the cells in column AL that have either clin040, clin60 or clinmix in
column K.

I also need to do this over a number of sheets - clin1, clin2 clin3 etc to
clinEND, and have a total of all cells with those resources across all the
sheets.

Please help!

Aladin Akyurek

Mike@Q Wrote:
Hi

I am having trouble summing a range of cells that meet multiple
criteria.

I have 3 resources clin040, clin060 and clinmix. These resource codes
appear
in column K. Column K also contains many other resource codes. I need
to sum
all the cells in column AL that have either clin040, clin60 or clinmix
in
column K.

I also need to do this over a number of sheets - clin1, clin2 clin3 etc
clinEND, and have a total of all cells with those resources across all
the
sheets.

Please help!

If you install Longre's morefunc.xll add-in...

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(THREED(clin1:clin3!K2:K60),{"clin04 0";"clin60";"clinmix"},0)),THREED(clin1:clin3!AL2: AL60))

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165