Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Farrelltw

Default How do I use a referenced cell's formula instead of formula output?

I have a rather large workbook that has several sheets of supporting
data that gets pulled into a report sheet for an individual business
unit. The report sheet uses data validation to create a dropdown list
of business units then imports data to the report based on the
selection and then that data is run through formulas for compilation.
The problem I have now is that my highers want a rollup report of all
of the business units on one page and I want to reference the formula's
on the report sheet not the formula output. Using a normal cell
reference, my rollup output changes when a different business unit is
selected on the main page.

Example

Sheet1 formula referenced is:
=I12/H12*100

output for business unit(BU)1 is: 77
output for BU2 is: 94

sheet2 formula is:
=sheet1!$J$12

and it's output changes when the BU selection changes.

I want sheet2's formula to reference the sheet1 formula not the sheet1
output. The main reason I want this is that this book is a work in
progress and the sheet1 formula's will change and I want those changes
to carry through the the rollup report.

Thank you for any assistance.

Tom

--