Dawn Boot-Bunston

Default Help in Sorting Data Please!

Hi! I have a spreadsheet with various columns of data is in it.
(attached). I want to be able to sort through this data and show only the
client codes that have both HOME and AUTO type policies under the same
client code. How do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank
you in advance
--
Dawn Boot-Bunston, CAIB
IS Support

Frank Kabel

Hi
please don't attach files to this NG. Please post your example data as
plain text. Most people won't open file attachments

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dawn Boot-Bunston" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Hi! I have a spreadsheet with various columns of data is in it.
(attached). I want to be able to sort through this data and show

only the
client codes that have both HOME and AUTO type policies under the

same
client code. How do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank
you in advance
--
Dawn Boot-Bunston, CAIB
IS Support
Renfrew Thompson Insurance Ltd.
V. 7.1.1; 91 users; Office 2000; Win2K Pro

Charli

You could create another column that shows the number of policies your client
has (in your case either "1" or "2"). Highlight the rows of information
(assuming that your info is arranged in rows such as |Jones, Bob
|Address|Phone|Home policy #|Auto policy#|Number of Policies| Click on
data, then sort, then click on the drop down menu stating "Number of
Policies". At the bottom of that window is a box labeled "my list has a
header row". Click on that, then click OK. Good luck!!