Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard

Default Automatically running code

The code works fine, but how and where do you put it for it to start
automatically and run continually. I have it in a Module but I have to
manually go in and run it
from there. If I put it in Private Sub Workbook_Open() it only shows the
current time when opened and does not run continually.

Sub clock()
If ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("C2").Value = "X" Then Exit Sub
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("G2").Value = Format(Now, "hh:mm:ss AM/PM")
Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 60), "clock"
End Sub
Thanks in Advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan

This slightly modified code will run continuously (up to 1000 hours) and
display the time changing, albeit that there's no way of stopping it other
than pressing 'Escape' , that would need to be added to the code.
If this is running however, all you'll see is the time changing and the hour
glass, you wont be able to do anything in Excel until the code is stopped.
IMHO things like this and flashing text etc are best avoided in Excel,
Regards,
Alan.

Sub Clock()
If ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("C2").Value = "X" Then Exit Sub
For i = 1 To 1000
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("G2").Value = Format(Now, "hh:mm:ss AM/PM")
Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 60), "Clock"
Next i