Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amanda097

Default Can I change the default sheet name?

I would like to change the default worksheet name of Sheet1 to 0001 to
continue 0002, 0003 and so forth. Is there an option where I can change that
name?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amanda097

Thanks - I should've worded my question differently. I can rename one sheet
at a time, but I have 100 sheets that I need to name 0001, 0002, 0003...
0100. I changed the default amount of sheets to 100, but I would like for
the sheets to automatically be named 0001, 0002, etc.

Thanks again,
Amanda

"B. R.Ramachandran" wrote:

Hi,

Double-click on the sheet name (the name gets highlighted), and type in the
new name.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Amanda097" wrote:

I would like to change the default worksheet name of Sheet1 to 0001 to
continue 0002, 0003 and so forth. Is there an option where I can change that
name?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Run this macro to change the name of the 100 sheets. Delete the macro if
desired, then save the workbook as a template.

Public Sub RenameWorksheets()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1 to Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(i).Name = Format(i, "0000")
Next i
End Sub

You can make this the default template by saving the template as
"Book.xlt" in your XLStart folder.

"Amanda097" wrote:

I would like to change the default worksheet name of Sheet1 to 0001 to
continue 0002, 0003 and so forth. Is there an option where I can change
that
name?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amanda097

Can I also use this type of Macro to name the sheets January, February,
March, etc? I'm not familiar with macros.

"Amanda097" wrote:

I would like to change the default worksheet name of Sheet1 to 0001 to
continue 0002, 0003 and so forth. Is there an option where I can change
that
name?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Public Sub RenameWorksheets()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(i).Name = Format(DateSerial(0, i, 1), "mmmm")
Next i
End Sub

Note that this will only work for 12 sheets or less, since sheets can't
have the same name as another sheet.