Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Matching two columns and their data

Here is my problem:
I have 2 sets of data, each of them with index numbers that identify
them. I want to match one set of ID numbers to another set. here
A B C D
40 59169.53 40 4,928.47
41 32021.12 48 2,029.41
45 24821.77 55 1,531.14
46 76281.22 56 2,304.39
47 44212.44 62 442.07
48 12983.47 63 415.47
51 52423.61 65 1,296.53
54 24155.24 66 2,203.65
55 10277.89 68 449.67

I would like the 48 in col C to match up with the 48 in the col A. I
would also like excel to move the adjacent value in Col D with 48. So
in other words, i would like excel to insert rows in Cols C and D
between 40 and 48. Col A and B are complete, i.e. they have all the
index numbers that exist. I would like to do this to the whole column,
i.e. matching 55 on the right with 55 on the left and moving its
respective number in Col D. So the end product would have a lot of
space.

Thanks in advance

HY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks that kinda helps! Now I need to figure out how to get the rows
that are omitted!