Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mario

Default Date the input, then tell if over 7th off month

Hello, Can some one tell me how would I have a date appear in column A1
when any number/data is input in column B1 and so on down the column,
and have like A5 tell me if any A1;A2;A3;A4 has a day past the 7th day
of any date? I don't need a year to display if it matters.

Thank You

--
mario
mario's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31116

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
just_jon

If you mean to have each A-cell flag each B-cell for the 7th day of
any month, then in A1 copied down

=IF(DAY(B1)7,"After the 7th',"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mario

That does work, but here's what I'm doing, what I'm looking at right now
on my test page.

Every entry will contain a numeral input one for Auto and one for
Manual, for example in D5 & D6 (0 to 999)
In C5 & C6 I have these formulas =IF(D50,NOW(),"") &
=IF(D60,NOW(),"")
*Problem 1)* is if the entry is a 0 it doesn't date due to 0, I need
to count the 0 as well

OK that's one

Now in C7 I have =IF(DAY(C6)7,"After the 7th","100%") which only
monitors C6.
*Problem 2)* I'd like it to populate with "After the 7th" if either C5
or C6 dates after the seventh, and "100%" should they both be on
schedule before the 7th. A compare thing.

Heh, this works, did a cool conditional format that shades C7 Green or
Red depending on, ya know before or after - "After the 7th" or "100%".

--
mario
mario's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31116
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=508997

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
just_jon

Col=C Col=D
Row=5 7-Feb-06 0
Row=6 7-Feb-06 999
Row=7 100%

Formulas:
C5: =IF(D5=0,TODAY(),"")
C6: =IF(D6=0,TODAY(),"")
C7: =IF((DAY(C5)<=7)*(DAY(C6)<=7),"100%","After the 7th")

Is this it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mario

Works great sept' 1 last issue

The dates in C show now no matter what, I need the date to occur only
once 0-999 has been input in the D cells

Thanks so much
Mario

--
mario
mario's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31116
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=508997

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
just_jon

Change C5 to: =IF(LEN(D5),TODAY(),"")

and copy to C6.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
just_jon

Change C5 to: =IF(LEN(D5),TODAY(),"")

Copy C5 to C6

Change C7 to:
=IF(LEN(C5)*LEN(C6),IF((DAY(C5)<=7)*(DAY(C6)<=7)," 100%",IF(LEN(C5)+LEN(C6),"After
the 7th","")),"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mario

Thanks for your patience, it works.