Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bridges_22

Default Advanced Filtering Extract Range Missing,etc

I have been given a job to amend a rather large worksheet (not my own)
and I am having a rather frustrating time applying an advanced filter.
I am now ignoring the data and have created a much simpler filter on
limited data...but I still get the problem, i.e. if I enter the
following

(As the criteria I enter)

Year
past

(As the list I enter)

Year
old
past
present
next

And I ask the result to be copied to a cell below.

This works.

....but, if I just change the word "Year" to anything, say "Yang", I
get "The extract range has a missing or illegal field name". Why?

--
bridges_22
bridges_22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bridges_22

I have found the answer. It seems that I need to clear the "Copy To"
fields first....once I cleared those cells of all values then all is
fine. Anyway, it worked for me.