Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brymor

Default Selected cell highlighting has vanished...no shading now.

Good afternoon MS,
Please may I suggest you see the copies of messages below. I'm sure "JR1"
would be most grateful if you could come up with a remedy for this problem,
as would I.
Looking forward to a solution.
Thanks and kind regards,
Brymor

OK, Fair Comment....
But, I still feel that there must be at least a reason, if not a cure for
this problemt.
If we're lucky, perhaps a Microsoft expert will see these posts and respond.
so, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Just as a matter of interest, what country are you in? I'm in Wales, UK
Kind regards,
Brymor.

"JR1" wrote:

Well, I have discovered something...but it's not an Excel thing. The Display
settings matter. I have only one color choice for the overall system in order
for the highlighted cell to appear, and it's ugly. I did upgrade computers at
year end, so that may be what's behind it. Might not be an Excel problem at
all.
Thanks, Brymor...

"Brymor" wrote:

Hello JR,
Don't get your hopes up, I'm just supporting your query. I have experienced
the same thing and am wondering if it's because of one of Microsoft's
wonderful automatin updates?????
I'm surprised you have'nt had any response at all yet since your posting of
17th January! So, let's hope somebody our there, [Microsoft?] can solve this
very annoying problem for us.
Kind regards,
Brymor.

"JR1" wrote:

Suddenly, the shading in the selected cell is gone. Now, when selecting a
group of cells for entry, you can't tell which is the active cell.

What happened..or more importantly, how do I fix it?

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions