Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Default how to format time

I am trying to break down how much time is spent on each task throughout and
8 hr dayto two decimal positions. there are 8 task and each one is using a
different amount of time. 1.5, 1.0, 1.5, 0.75,2.0, 0.75, 7.5. I cannot figure
it out thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anne Troy

Hi, Debbie. I'm afraid you're going to have to rephrase your question or
explain a little more. I cannot understand what the problem is. Perhaps
someone else can.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Debbie" wrote in message
I am trying to break down how much time is spent on each task throughout
and
8 hr dayto two decimal positions. there are 8 task and each one is using a
different amount of time. 1.5, 1.0, 1.5, 0.75,2.0, 0.75, 7.5. I cannot
figure
it out thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

If you want to change it to Excel time as in 1.5 hours turning into 01:30
you can just multiply all decimal values with 24 then format as hh:mm

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Debbie" wrote in message
I am trying to break down how much time is spent on each task throughout
and
8 hr dayto two decimal positions. there are 8 task and each one is using a
different amount of time. 1.5, 1.0, 1.5, 0.75,2.0, 0.75, 7.5. I cannot
figure
it out thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debbie

Hi Anne, I read your response and I am going to try and explain the best that
I can. I am making a spreadsheet for a class I am in. So this is how it is
suppose to be. breakout of job responsibilities is the title of the
spreadsheet and im suppose to break down how much time in a day or 8 hours
that a person spends doing each task. such as answering phones is 1.5,
greeting customers 1.0,creating documents1.5 ect. then i am to format hours
/day in task to two decimal positions. does this explain any better

"Debbie" wrote in message
I am trying to break down how much time is spent on each task throughout
and
8 hr dayto two decimal positions. there are 8 task and each one is using a
different amount of time. 1.5, 1.0, 1.5, 0.75,2.0, 0.75, 7.5. I cannot
figure
it out thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Yep, you got that right. Thanks for the correction.
I am so used doing it the other way around for the purpose
of multiplying with a payrate

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Peo,

you can just multiply all decimal values with 24 then format as hh:mm

I assume you mean divide by 24 not multiply

--
Regards

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk