Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Craigger

Default Time Functions

I want to take the difference in two times and figure out how many hours and
minutes there are between them. I already have this working, but my question
is how to display it in hours and minutes. This is what I have:

F35 - 7:30:00 PM
F36 - 11:05:00 PM
F37 - =IF(G35F35, (G35-F35)*24, (1+G35-F35)*24)

F37 has that formula, but will display 3.58, which means 3 hours and 58/100
of an hour. I would rather this display as hours and minutes. How do I make
it do that? If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Craig
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
daddylonglegs

If you want the result as time then you shouldn't multiply by 24, that
gives you the time in decimal format. An easier formula to do what you
want

=F36-F35+(F35F36)

format as h:mm

note: your cell references are a bit mixed in your post, I'm assuming
start time in F35, end time in F36

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486