Rich

Default Adding hours to a date

Hi,

I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and have Excel give me
the resulting date and time. The hours that I will want to add to the date
could be
anything, including part days, eg 3.25 hours, 92.4 hours, and so on.

For instance

1st Dec 2004 13:00

Add 50.5 hours

Result: 3rd Dec 2004 15:30

What is the formula that I need to achieve this?

Jason Morin

Since 1 = 1 full day in Excel, 3.25 hours would be
3.25/24. Example formula:

=A1+3.25/24

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and

have Excel give me
the resulting date and time. The hours that I will want

to add to the date
could be
anything, including part days, eg 3.25 hours, 92.4

hours, and so on.

For instance

1st Dec 2004 13:00

Add 50.5 hours

Result: 3rd Dec 2004 15:30

What is the formula that I need to achieve this?

.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Something like
=A2+50.5/24
with date in A2

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<Attarkon.ee)

"Rich" wrote in message

I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and have Excel give

me
the resulting date and time. The hours that I will want to add to the

date
could be
anything, including part days, eg 3.25 hours, 92.4 hours, and so on.

For instance

1st Dec 2004 13:00

Add 50.5 hours

Result: 3rd Dec 2004 15:30

What is the formula that I need to achieve this?

Harald Staff

Is there any newsgroup where you didn't ask this question ?

Best wishes Harald

Rich

Yeah, a couple. ;-)

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Is there any newsgroup where you didn't ask this question ?

Best wishes Harald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What would you do if the resulting time is greater than 5 pm, you want it to
add the hours to the following day starting at 8 am, and it skips weekend
days?

For example: 10/11/06 4:40 pm + 4 hours - 10/12/06 11:40 am.

Thank you,

Rachel