Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eric

Default How to use month() and day() without considering year()?

I would like to determine whether today is within a period or not, such as
Is today between 1-Mar and 1-Apr without considering year?
Does anyone know how to do it?
Thank for any suggestion
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You could try something like:
=MONTH(TODAY())=3

Andy.

"Eric" wrote in message
I would like to determine whether today is within a period or not, such as
Is today between 1-Mar and 1-Apr without considering year?
Does anyone know how to do it?
Thank for any suggestion
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wAyne

Eric,

you could use
=IF(AND(MONTH(NOW())1,MONTH(NOW()) <4),TRUE,FALSE)

this will be true for dates in Feb and March ---- no matter the year.....

wAyne
"Eric" wrote:

I would like to determine whether today is within a period or not, such as
Is today between 1-Mar and 1-Apr without considering year?
Does anyone know how to do it?
Thank for any suggestion
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eric

Thank for everyone suggestion

The period between 1-Mar and 1-Apr may make people misunderstand always
starting at the first day of each month,
what about the period between 21-Mar and 14-Apr? then it will need month()
and day() for this condition.
Does anyone have any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message
I would like to determine whether today is within a period or not, such as
Is today between 1-Mar and 1-Apr without considering year?
Does anyone know how to do it?
Thank for any suggestion
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wAyne

If you have the month and day you wish to compare in certain columns, then
you could use the date function.
for example

A1 = 3 start month - March
A2 = 21 start day - 21
A3 = date(year(now()),A1,A2) = March 21, 2006

B1= 4 start month - April
B2 = 14 start day - 14
B3= date(year(now()),B1,B) = April 14, 2006

F1 = =IF(AND(MONTH(NOW())A3,MONTH(NOW()) <B3),TRUE,FALSE)

you may have to do some tweaking with Year(Now()) to contend with start and
end dates going to next year.. but it shoudl work.

wAyne_

"Eric" wrote in message
I would like to determine whether today is within a period or not, such as
Is today between 1-Mar and 1-Apr without considering year?
Does anyone know how to do it?
Thank for any suggestion
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions