Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
choc_penguin

Default summing values appearing in col B when col A has been filtered

In sheet 1 I have two columns:

Column A has a list of 10 entries of 4 different people, randomly
repeating.

(Bob, Sally, Bob, Dave, Sarah, Sally, Sarah, Bob, Sally, Bob)

Column B has random values for each entry

(10, 13, 50, 56, 100, 250, 20, 35, 60, 25)

I have applied the autofilter so that I am able to see the 'values' for
each person.

In sheet 2 I have two columns:

Column A with 4 entries of the 4 people sheet 1 is concerned with.

(Bob, Sally, Dave, Sarah)

In column B of sheet 2, I want totals to appear for each person by
summing the values that appear for each in sheet 1. (i.e. 120 for Bob)

I'm thinking it's got something to do with vlookup but that's as far as
i got!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

--
choc_penguin
choc_penguin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

You want to sum using one criteria, so SUMIF can be used here - in B1
of Sheet 2 enter this formula:

=SUMIF('Sheet 1'!A1:A10,A1,'Sheet 1'!B1:B10)

Copy the formula into B2 to B4.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
choc_penguin

Was just about to reply saying I'd figured it out but Thanks for your
reply!

:)

--
choc_penguin
choc_penguin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30099
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=507936

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kevin Vaughn

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$A$1:$A$10=A38),--(Data!$B$1:$B$10))
Change Data to Sheet1
--
Kevin Vaughn