izbryte

Default Search a worksheet and add related cells

Is there a quick way to search a row for a particular word (Jan) and
then add all the cells directly above the word (Jan)?

For example:

464 565 5656 565 5656 788
Jan Feb Feb Jan Feb Jan

I am looking to add together the values only above the word "Jan"

--
izbryte

izbryte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16740
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=319491

Jason Morin

=SUMIF(2:2,"Jan",1:1)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Is there a quick way to search a row for a particular

word (Jan) and
then add all the cells directly above the word (Jan)?

For example:

464 565 5656 565 5656 788
Jan Feb Feb Jan Feb Jan

I am looking to add together the values only above the

word "Jan"

--
izbryte

izbryte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?