Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David

Default NPV

I have a list of months for the NPV calculations from cell i12 to i24
representing the months 24,36,48,180,240 and so on, the user selects the
months and then I calculate the NPV, then I have to select the range of the
table for the monthly NPV. Is there any way to automate that, say I select
i12 which is 24 months, then the table selects only 24 rows. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Check the offset function. For example, =offset($a$1,0,0,12,1) selects a
column of 12 cells beginning at a1. Replace the number 12 in the equation
above with a reference to a cell containing the number of months you want to
use.