Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sylphide

Default product from k= 0 to n

Ok, so what is the Excell function that will solve my problem.
I am calculating a temporary life Insurance ( from Life Table) and need to
sum the column of a spreadsheet from 0 to n, n being the lenght (variable) of
the Temporary Life Insurance.
Any tips?
Ex.:product from p3 to p12 if n=10, p30 to22 if n=20, etc. Thing is i need
to be able tu put any value of n in the input table and that same n valu
affect the lenght of the items I need to multiply.
So far I am he
=B2*(1-PUISSANCE(Data!$B$4,lenght)*PRODUCT(Data!N4:@@@))
It is the part after the * that I am not ure how it should be coded.
With IF?
I donno
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Take a look at OFFSET, something like

=OFFSET(Data!$P$3,(n-1)*30,0,13,1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"sylphide" wrote in message
Ok, so what is the Excell function that will solve my problem.
I am calculating a temporary life Insurance ( from Life Table) and need to
sum the column of a spreadsheet from 0 to n, n being the lenght (variable)

of
the Temporary Life Insurance.
Any tips?
Ex.:product from p3 to p12 if n=10, p30 to22 if n=20, etc. Thing is i need
to be able tu put any value of n in the input table and that same n valu
affect the lenght of the items I need to multiply.
So far I am he
=B2*(1-PUISSANCE(Data!$B$4,lenght)*PRODUCT(Data!N4:@@@))
It is the part after the * that I am not ure how it should be coded.
With IF?
I donno
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sylphide

OK Bob, thanks.
It appears thet the OFFSET formula puts me in the right track but I am still
stuck. This is what i wrote:

=B2*(1-Data!$B$4^lenght)*PRODUCT(OFFSET(Data!$N$4,lenght-1,0,1,1))

where the lenght is equal to n in the Temporary Insurance
B2 is Ax, ie the whole life insurance corresponding to the life age (x)
Data!$B$4 is the discount factor (=1/1+i) and i is the interest rate
$N$4 is the px (probability of life age (x) surviving to next year (which I
am pretty sure is the data i need to Offset depending on the lenght of n)

However,from your formula "=OFFSET(Data!$P$3,(n-1)*30,0,13,1)" I do not
understand why I must multiply by 30, nor do I understand
the number 13. Thanks again.

"sylphide" wrote in message
Ok, so what is the Excell function that will solve my problem.
I am calculating a temporary life Insurance ( from Life Table) and need to
sum the column of a spreadsheet from 0 to n, n being the lenght (variable)

of
the Temporary Life Insurance.
Any tips?
Ex.:product from p3 to p12 if n=10, p30 to22 if n=20, etc. Thing is i need
to be able tu put any value of n in the input table and that same n valu
affect the lenght of the items I need to multiply.
So far I am he
=B2*(1-PUISSANCE(Data!$B$4,lenght)*PRODUCT(Data!N4:@@@))
It is the part after the * that I am not ure how it should be coded.
With IF?
I donno
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions