Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Emhof

Default Is there an AVERAGEIF function similar to COUNTIF - how do I do i.

I need to determine the average value from a range of values for those values
in that range that are larger than a certain value. This would act similiar
to the COUNTIF function, but it doesn't seem to exist.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"<200")/COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<200")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"John Emhof" <John wrote in message
I need to determine the average value from a range of values for those
values
in that range that are larger than a certain value. This would act
similiar
to the COUNTIF function, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

this is an array formula so must be entered with ctrl+shift+enter

=AVERAGE(IF(C3:C233,C3:C23))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"John Emhof" <John
wrote in message
I need to determine the average value from a range of values for those
values
in that range that are larger than a certain value. This would act
similiar
to the COUNTIF function, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John Emhof

Default Is there an AVERAGEIF function similar to COUNTIF - how do I d

Thanks! Very helpful