-   -   why doesn't sort work when it's choosen before protecting sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/68906-why-doesnt-sort-work-when-its-choosen-before-protecting-sheet.html)

Mearll

why doesn't sort work when it's choosen before protecting sheet

I protect a worksheet (with password) and choose the option to let it be
sorted, then when I go to Data, sort, I get an error message telling me to
unprotect the sheet. I have read that Excel 2002 is supposed to let you do
this. (hence, the list of options) Am I missing part of the program or what
am I doing.??? I have formulas on the page so also a number of locked
cells... thanks for any guidance.

Ron de Bruin

why doesn't sort work when it's choosen before protecting sheet

Hi Mearll

You must unlock the cells in the range

--
Regards Ron de Bruin